This is how we helped RACE
Type of service
Update of the RACE SOS mobile app to PWA and UX
RACE, leader in roadside assistance and travel, at the forefront of the most advanced technology, serves more than 10 million motorists in Spain.
As part of its commitment to offer the best service, the company launched RACE SOS, an application that allows motorists to contact the Club through their mobile phone, track the assistance vehicle and also learn about the rest of the services provided by RACE.
The constant change in technology of this type of services required the update of the application, both to make it compatible with latest versions of iOS and Android in native language, and to improve the usability of the app.
Profile proposed to RACE to carry out a customized development with Web technology for each of the mobile platforms (Android & iOS) with a frontend architecture based on frameworks. The development has been carried out supporting the PWA technology, which blurs the boundaries between web applications and traditional mobile apps using the advantages of both.
To achieve the success of the project, we developed the following modules:
- Geopositioning of mobile device.
- Connection with central RACE systems for partner validation.
- Integration with API Google Maps show GPS position + Monitoring Crane.
- Integration with the BCM and IAS systems of RACE, for the interaction of the partner with the app.
- Integration with Google Tag Manager
- Integration with PUSH messaging service.